Well, I had someone email me and say, Wow, Ronie. You’ve been going through a lot. And it hit me that my posts have been about trials and tough times. Since life is about much more than the trials, let’s concentrate on good stuff.
So, I thought I’d start a tag list…you know, one of those dastardly things where you tag someone and make them follow suit. Mwuh-hahhahahaahaha. 😀 So often we see the trials in our lives, the bad times, but I want to focus on the good things, the blessings. Thus, we’re going to count off our blessings like this:
- A friend who has blessed me: (there are so many…) Dineen
- An unexpected gift: an editor recommended my work to another editor
- A kind word shared with me recently: “I EXPECT good things [for your writing]; you’ve honed your craft.” from aforementioned editor
- Something that makes me stop and praise God: my friends
- Something I’m looking forward to: ACFW conference
- A particular part of me I’m pleased with: my determination
- Something in my life that I wanted but never expected: twins
- A place that moved/moves me: Los Alamos Lookout, New Mexico
- One thing/person that always makes me smile: my hubby
- Most recent “love note” from God: I needed to talk to my Clone very badly and she called–and she totally “got me” as soon as I started talking. HOW KEWL IS THAT!?!
So…knowing how much my friends will KILL me for this, I’m tagging: NEEN, HEATHER (who won’t do it…), SHANNON, BETH, LISA, JENNIFER T., Ron, and Stuart. 😀
oh man.. come on now, you KNOW I don’t do these on my blog. Okay. I’ll do it here. Only for you girlie. :o)
1. A friend who has blessed me: (stealing your answer… there are so many!!!) Dineen
2. An unexpected gift: the many wonderful friendships I have been given in the last year or so
3.A kind word shared with me recently: They are SO going to give you a contract! Claudia
4. Something that makes me stop and praise God: my friends
5. Something I’m looking forward to: ACFW conference
6. A particular part of me I’m pleased with: um refuse to answer on the basis that you will hurt me.
7. Something in my life that I wanted but never expected: um, jury is still out on that one.
8. A place that moved/moves me: Rockport… I find peace there.
9. One thing/person that always makes me smile: Starbucks! ROFLOL
10:Most recent “love note” from God: monday.. was having a bit of a meltdown. So I laid down to take a nap, looked up at God and said, you know, now would be a good time for me to hear from Paula. 15 minutes later, couldn’t sleep. checked my email, nothing. Went through my bulk folder, there was an email from Paula. it did the trick. She called later too… God’s so cool…
LOL hey! You changed it! you tagged me then you changed it while I was commenting!! does me doing it on here count for nothing?? ROFLOL
I changed it back–you were so adamant about NOT doing these…didn’t want to be a deviant from all your friends who know not to tag you. 😛
Glad you posted though. I love seeing God’s handiwork in the lives of my friends!!!!
Need I say more?
Aw, I was going to update my blog anyway today so this keeps me from having to think up something.
I like this one. It’s a nice twist, focusing on the good in our lives.
I liked it so much I had to comment twice. 🙂
I didn’t get tagged! Yeah!
But…the questions were so good, and focused on the right things, that I ended up answering them anyway. Ronie! You scoundrel! 😀
I don’t know where to start with friends who have blessed me. Old or new? I don’t make friends easily, so I was surprised at how many I have.
The chance to go back to the Philippines was quite a gift. I’d often wished to go back, but to actually do it was unexpected.
I’ve been learning a lot from God the last couple of days, which is a form of love. But the “note” that made the most impact was “well done”.
YAY I DIDN’T GET TAGGED!!! Er . . . I mean, shucks.
Camy who’s looking forward to ACFW too!!!!!!!
Okay, y’all are just BEGGING for me to tag you, aren’t you?? Be warned. I love spreading cheer!!
Can’t tag me. I’m safe.
I’m gonna be in Michigan during ACFW. 🙁
Awww, Steve. You’ll be missed. Camy–I saw someone else tagged you *mu-whahahahahaha* It is so thrilling to see all the blessings. Nearly made me downright giddy. LOL
Thanks for starting this blessings tag game. Fun to think about these things!
Apparently the ACFW is a popular answer (I would have put that on mine, but I think I’m too scared!). Also Dineen. Can’t wait to meet her at the big ACFW party with all of these accolades.
Heather, I’m so glad you enjoyed this meme. It was a blast to read everyone else’s posts. For me, they made me giddy seeing how very active God is on our lives. Sometimes, it takes a bit of effort to sit back and see them when what we really want to happen isn’t quite happening, or not as fast as we want. 😀
I look forward to meeting you at ACFW!!
Complaining is easier than rejoicing. Funnier, too.
Hey g-friend! I needed that reminder to count my blessings today. Here’s some things I’m thankful for:
1. Healthy body – though a size or two larger than I’d prefer, but more of me to love. LOL
2. Loving, supportive hubby
3. Great kids that I couldn’t be prouder of (sentence needs work but there’s no grammar grade right?)
4. New home and location I adore
5. Upcoming trip to ACFW conference
6. Chips and salsa, mainly salsa
7. Great crit buds