This former Navy SEAL is fighting a new battle...the homefront.
Valor, Action, Romance, Heart… Nightshade is the perfect blend of everything I like best in a story. ~John B. Olson, author of Powers and Fossil Hunter
This former Navy SEAL is fighting a new battle…the homefront. Can Max yield to a force greater than himself…love?After a tour of duty in a war-torn country, embattled former Navy SEAL Max Jacobs finds himself discarded and alienated from those he loves as he struggles with combat-related PTSD. His wife, Sydney, files a restraining order against him and a petition for divorce. Max is devastated.
Then a mysterious man appears. He says he’s organizing a group that recycles veterans like Max. It’s a black-oops group called Nightshade. With the chance to find purpose in life once again, Max is unable to resist the call of duty and signs on.
The team handles everything with precision and lethal skill–until they’re called upon to rescue a missionary family from a rebel-infested jungle and avoid a reporter hunting their identities.
Will Max yield his anger and pride to a force greater than himself–love?
Kendig doesn’t have to worry about a sophomore slump. Heart-pounding action, intrigue and handsome, fearless heroes combine as readers crisscross the globe following the exciting missions of the Nightshade team. ~~4 stars, by Chandra McNeil, Romantic Times
Nightshade kept me up all night! A tight plot, heartthrob heroes, and description so rich I could hear the jungle noise, feel the heat slide down my back. I’ll be clearing out a shelf to make room for Ronie’s books! ~Susan May Warren, Rita-Award winning author of Nothing But Trouble
RECOGNITION FOR NIGHTSHADE
- 2011 RWA Faith, Hope & Love’s Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award – Romantic Suspense Finalist
- 2011 Christian Retailing – Reader’s Choice Award finalist
- FamilyFiction Magazine’s Reader’s Choice Award – #8 Favorite New Release
- FamilyFiction Magazine’s Reader’s Choice Award – Ronie named #3 Favorite New Author
- 2010 Lime Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction from The Christian Manifesto
INTERVIEWS & FEATURES
- Romantic Times Web Feature
- RelzReviewz: Interview with Max Jacobs
- RelzReviewz Review of NIGHTSHADE
- International Thriller Writers (ITW) Interview
- FictionAddict Review – October 2010
- TitleTrakk Interview