This former Navy SEAL is fighting a new battle...the homefront.
Valor, Action, Romance, Heart… Nightshade is the perfect blend of everything I like best in a story. ~John B. Olson, author of Powers and Fossil Hunter
This former Navy SEAL is fighting a new battle…the homefront.
Former Navy SEAL Max Jacobs is one such hero, and now his war is for his family. Post-traumatic stress disorder, brought on from his times in battle, has ravaged his emotions. Rage explodes out of him with no warning and it’s destroying his marriage.
All his wife Sydney wants is the man she married back. But he’s lost, buried deep beneath his anger. Sydney files for separationand throws herself into her work as a journalist.
But when Sydney hunts down the soldiers behind a string of heroic interventions, she starts getting death threats. Finding the perfect ending for her story might get her perfectly killed. Max realizes what Sydney has entangled herself in and will stop at nothing to save her, but even he might not be able to rescue her from a world of intrigue and danger that she cannot imagine.
Kendig doesn’t have to worry about a sophomore slump. Heart-pounding action, intrigue and handsome, fearless heroes combine as readers crisscross the globe following the exciting missions of the Nightshade team. ~~4 stars, by Chandra McNeil, Romantic Times
Nightshade kept me up all night! A tight plot, heartthrob heroes, and description so rich I could hear the jungle noise, feel the heat slide down my back. I’ll be clearing out a shelf to make room for Ronie’s books! ~Susan May Warren, Rita-Award winning author of Nothing But Trouble
RECOGNITION FOR NIGHTSHADE
- 2011 RWA Faith, Hope & Love’s Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award – Romantic Suspense Finalist
- 2011 Christian Retailing – Reader’s Choice Award finalist
- FamilyFiction Magazine’s Reader’s Choice Award – #8 Favorite New Release
- FamilyFiction Magazine’s Reader’s Choice Award – Ronie named #3 Favorite New Author
- 2010 Lime Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction from The Christian Manifesto
INTERVIEWS & FEATURES
- Romantic Times Web Feature
- RelzReviewz: Interview with Max Jacobs
- RelzReviewz Review of NIGHTSHADE
- International Thriller Writers (ITW) Interview
- FictionAddict Review – October 2010
- TitleTrakk Interview