An Army brat, Ronie Kendig grew up in the classic military family, with her father often TDY and her mother holding down the proverbial fort. Their family moved often, which left Ronie attending six schools by the time she’d entered fourth grade. Her only respite and “friends” during this time were the characters she created.
It was no surprise when she married a military veteran—her real-life hero—in June 1990. Married more than twenty years, Ronie and her husband, Brian, homeschool their children, the first of whom graduated in 2011. Despite the craziness of life, Ronie finds balance and peace with her faith, family and their two dogs in Northern Virginia.
Ronie has a deep love and passion for people, especially hurting people, which is why she pursued and obtained a B.S. in Psychology from Liberty University. Ronie speaks nationally, volunteers with writer’s organizations, including American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and My Book Therapy, and mentors other writers.
Since launching onto the publishing scene in 2010, Ronie and her books have hit bestseller lists and garnered awards and critical acclaim, including:
- 2012 Christy Award Winner – Wolfsbane (Contemporary Romance)
- 2013 Selah Award Winner – Firethorn (Fiction – Suspense)
- 2013 Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award Finalist – Trinity: Military War Dog (Romantic Suspense)
- 2012 Lime Award Winner – Firethorn (Suspense)
- 2012 Carol Award Finalist – Wolfsbane (Romantic Suspense)
- Christian Retailing’s 2011 Readers’ Choice Awards Finalist – Nightshade
- RWA’s Faith, Hope, & Love’s 2011 Inspirational Reader’s Choice Award Finalist – Nightshade (Romantic Suspense)
- Named one of the Top 25 Christian Fiction Suspense, Mystery, and Thriller Writers by FamilyFiction (Sept 2011)
- 2011 FamilyFiction Readers’ Choice Awards – 3rd place as New Favorite Author, 8th place with Nightshade for Novel of the Year.
- INSPY Award Shortlist final in Mystery/Thriller (Dead Reckoning)
- The Christian Manifesto’s 2010 Lime Award for Excellence in Christian Fiction (Nightshade)