Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here’s what you’re supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy (not forward) this entire meme and post it on your blog! Change all the answers so that they apply to you.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping, but I will use bags for convenience
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real
3. When do you put up the tree? Thanksgiving day
4. When do you take the tree down? day after New Year’s Day
5. Do you like eggnog? Only diluted…it’s too rich for me otherwise
6. Favorite gift received as a child? a doll that “sings” — you put tiny little records in her back and she’d sing. I loved that doll!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My father-in-law
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Two–my mother’s and the kids’ ceramic one
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Both–I’m notorious for buying the cards and never getting them in the mail. *sigh*
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I don’t recall a “worst” gift. I do remember my sister-in-law giving me a gift that made me go, huh, but it wasn’t a “worst.”
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? While You Were Sleeping & Miracle on 34th Street (oh, and probably White Christmas)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? right after Christmas when the clearance sales are huge)
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, for those gift exchanges that require the gifts to be used
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Ham and sweet potato casserole
16. Lights on the tree? small, white lights
17. Favorite Christmas song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman &
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Yep, both.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeers? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas eve or Christmas day? We open one gift at midnight on Christmas Eve, then open the rest Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who lose focus on what Christmas is all about and get insane
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? red and gold
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Ham, I think. Or my MIL’s lasagna.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Archeological Study Bible and a new laptop (yeah, like that’s going to happen!)
26. Who is most likely to respond to this? Those practicing avoidance techniques. 😀